Monday, September 12, 2011

Booth Update

Well after little to no sleep Friday night. Jack and I loaded up the truck early Saturday morning with some of my inventory for my booth space. We arrived at 7am and started unloading the truck and moving furniture and accessories into my spot. I can't tell you how excited and nervous I was at the same time.
After about 2 1/2 hours later with everything in its place, staged and tagged, we left the shop and hoped for the best. I had bittersweet feelings about leaving the pieces I had worked so hard on. I grew attached to these pieces of furniture after the time I spent working on them. I hoped that someone would  see the beauty in them that I did.

While we were having a late  breakfast, I got a call from the shop owner that my large dresser had sold. I almost dropped my cell phone when he told me because we had just left the shop and  I could not believe that my stuff was going to sell that fast. He also told me that a few more of my items had sold as well. I can't tell you how happy I was that all my hard work was paying off. So we scarfed up our food and back to the shop we went to stock my spot with another large piece of furniture to replace the dresser that had sold.

So as far as a first day goes in my booth spot I think it went very well. My goal is to be able to rent a larger space in the future. I hope it continues this way because  I really  love what I am doing. No more high heels for this gal. I will take sawdust and paint any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment